#GivingTuesday: 5 Organizations That Inspire Us
Ah, the power of social media. We admit that at times, our social networks sometimes feel like the they have a bit too much power over us, hijacking our attention spans. But immense good can also come form the power of our hashtag activism, as evidenced by #GivingTuesday (celebrated on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, in response to consumerist days such of Black Friday and Cyber Monday). In honor of this global day of giving, we've rounded up five charities that we will be honoring this year. In case you are in need of some inspiration, check out our list below.
1. We are so inspired by Groceryships, an LA-based non-profit that is tackling the systemic issues of obesity and hunger at the same time. Read more about their mission to promote health and wellness in under-served communities through the power of healthy foods and community, and find out all the ways you can get involved.
2. The Breathe Network connects survivors of sexual violence with sliding-scale, trauma-informed, holistic healing arts practitioners across the country. All donations help survivors to access a variety of holistic healing support and develop trauma-informed care programming.
3. We are huge supporters of The Vanessa T. Marcotte Foundation, an organization that strives to create a world where women can live boldly and fearlessly, free from objectification and harassment. Learn more about Vanessa's story, the foundation's goals, and how you can help support it's mission.
4. Imagine a world where cancer patients have access to holistic services that complement their medical treatments, like oncology massages, nutrition education, Reiki, and guided meditation. Mary's Place by the Sea makes this dream a reality, by supporting women with cancer through integrative services which complement their medical treatment. Check out more info on how you can help.
5. We believe in Acupuncture as a beautiful and simple form of healing. Circle Community Acupuncture of San Francisco provides and promotes public access to affordable acupuncture to all and strives to remove financial, cultural, and educational barriers from patient access. Click here to support their mission with a donation.